The Joy Set Before Us
God sets a joy before us, a joy found only in Him. This joy is within our grasp, we can have it. We no longer need to live for the fleeting, unsatisfying, unfulfilling pleasures and joys of this world. This joy is not dependent on a musical style or someone making you feel good about yourself. It is genuine, God-given joy.
- Date: 07/12/09
- Preacher: Scott Goodwill
- Series: The Joy of a Christian's Life
- Categories: AM Messages
- Passage: Hebrews 12:1-2
The joy set before Jesus. Hebrews 12:1,2
In the race of this life, we will become weary and be tempted to faint. What will keep us going in the midst of hardships and suffering?
1. The joy set before Him enabled Christ to endure the cross.
2. We need to know this joy, and keep looking at it "lest we be weary and faint in our minds"
The joy set before us.
A. A joy that will be ours at the finish. Something we look forward to and keep our eyes on.
1. The joy of the never ending presence of Christ, in heaven. Psalm 16:11; John 14:3
2. The joy which is part of the reward at the Judgment Seat of Christ. The joy rewarded for faithfulness, Matthew 25:21,23. The joy rewarded for influencing souls for Christ, 1 Thessalonians 2:19,20
B. The joy that is ours right now, if we grab it. Something to look around and see.
1. The joy of the presence of Christ. Psalm 16:11; Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5
2. The joy produced in me as I walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22
3. The joy of knowing the certainty of my salvation and future. 1 Peter 1:3-8
4. The joy of the Word of God. John 15:7; Jeremiah 15:16